Items tagged with: accessibility
Holiday Cottage People: yes, there is plenty of space in the garden
Me: great (buys rainproof cover)
Arrives at holiday cottage. Finds there is a big step up into the garden so no way I can independently get my mobility scooter in there, so has to ask for help.
Part of me is cross with myself with not asking more questions, but really, what part of the words 'mobility scooter' in my question was unclear?
Dear able-bodied people, please do better.
A gentle reminder that it's really not about whether one likes using the mic, or thinks one is loud enough w/o it, but rather about how one sounds to others, & there are lots of folks w/different levels of hearing out here!
Content warning: UK, Funding for Changing Places Toilets, Accessability
1. Search for "hospital" + your postcode on this site https://www.nhs.uk/service-search
2. Once you've found a hospital in your area, click on its name in the list, which should be a link taking you to its profile, which will have the full website address on it and maybe an email address. Or just google the name to get the website. Then use "Contact Us".
3. Then you just have to v briefly say "Are you aware of the £2 million funding available for Changing Places toilets? Are you going to apply for some of it?" and share this link to give them more info. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/changing-places-toilets-in-nhs-hospitals-apply-for-funding
mandatory #accessibility classes for everyone who at any point wishes to build things that others will use
#programming peeps, i'm looking at you
also, scientists who make up the horrible notations others have to deal with, yall are also guilty
- bureaucrats who make crappy paper forms
- artists and art focused websites
They have managed to reclaim about 2 parking spaces from cars. I often scooter this way, even if it's slightly further, because the route it much more pretty, quiet, and less dangerous.
If you have any suggestions, whether re: #accessibility or just general #webdev or #design ideas, let me know!
Get the theme from https://github.com/NoraCodes/nora.codes/tree/nora.codes/themes/oaktrough
See it in action at https://nora.codes
Hi, I'm Fen! I'm a #nonbinary web dev and #accessibility nerd who's into making zines and RPGs. I just moved here from mastodon.social.
Code and talks: fenslattery.com
Zines and games: sublimemarch.itch.io
I post about:
trans and queer issues
💻 programming (mostly HTML and CSS)
👩🏾💻 radical inclusion in the tech industry
♿ digital accessibility and invisible illness
🧠 mental illness
indie tabletops and LARPs
weird internet junk