Items tagged with: DIY
- #unitoodailynews, #ifixit, #hardware, #righttorepair, #diy Apple’s Latest Battery Fiasco, Ugly HDTV Antennas, & Old-School Lawn Mowers — Repair Radio Episode 11 https://t.co/MuwT1PQGNG -
- #Unitoo - Where #human #creativity plots the #possibilities of #technology -
Tore apart a kitchen scale to extract the load sensor and platform. Built a stand out of some MDF board. Attached the scale to the base, mounted the dispenser to the back.
Tomorrow I get the motor and can mount that to the back as well as wire up all the circuitry!
In the end, this will be able to drop food into the bowl only if the bowl isn't already full. It'll also track how much is left in the dispenser, as well as hopefully be able to tell when she actually eats by measuring the weight of the bowl!
#homeautomation #internetofthings #automaticcatfeeder #smartfeeder #diy #arduino
Instead, I'm going to try and introduce a new one: #StealThisTag . Again, I encourage anyone to post practical resources with this hashtag! Let's help each other out!
(P.S. If you're scrolling through the tag right now, this is your cue to switch to #SolarpunkResource for my older posts in this vein)
- #Unitoo - Where #human #creativity plots the #possibilities of #technology -<br>
- #UnitooInc #News #Worldnews #tech #bot
Key takeaways are:
- painting oil or grease around the edges of the source pot is critical to keeping the steam moving up the tube
- good seal between the tube and the source pot would help a lot. I don't have that
- high heat capacity coolant works a lot better. mineral oil would be ideal except for risk of fire; water with continually replaced ice is ok